Friday, January 2, 2009

Peeves, Top Ten

My definition of a pet peeve is this

"something that other people do, that doesn't affect me in the least, yet I am extremely vexed by it. "(I know I am awesome for using the word Vex)



In no particular order...



1.) People do not remove or simply cover up old registration stickers on their licence plate.



This irritates me to no end. I see this and I immediately know that I could never be friends with this person. The idea that anyone, including an officer of the law cares to see that you have had your car regularly registered with the DMV since OCT79 with the exception of a small lapse in coverage in 98 is beyond me. This has gotten much better with the introduction of black and white stickers here in Arizona. Prior to this it was as if someone took a Mexican fiesta and mashed it on to the back of their licence plate! Come On!



2.) People who say Irregardless


This is not a word people, and I don't know how to stress that enough! The word is Regardless! For instance...

"Regardless of weather or not you are a nice person, I will not be your friend if you use this word."

I am not claiming to have the best grammar in the world, and in fact if my sister-in-law read this blog she could cut it to shreds... that being said, it just sounds dumb.



3.) Dudes in Skinny Jeans



Look, I get it, I look great in tiny little jeans too, and yes it is tempting. But please resist the urge. Unless you drive a tractor, ride a horse, or are a cop from Hawaii 50, just don't do it. To many Jr High emo kids decide to accentuate their bird like physique with jeans made for a girl. My body resembles that of a finally carved Greek statue, and not even I try to pull it off! Ugh...



4.) People who are chronically angry



Irregardless of whether you place multiple registration stickers on your car, use words that are not real, wear tiny little jeans that are in fact paper mache molded to fit the contour of your little tiny legs that has been painted blue to resemble jeans, or just one of those people who are irritated by all those things, lifes to short to spend it angry!





I want to see some Peeves in the comments section people!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

You know what irks me? People who give their children normal names but spell them differently. Like Nichole instead of just Nicole or Bryon instead of Brian. COME ON PEOPLE!! If you want to be creative with your kid's name, be creative, but don't make their life difficult because no one ever spells their incredibly common name in your stupidly uncommon way! Am I right!?! Am I??

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to have offended you with my sticker-stacking. I have been sticking the new ones on top of the old ones since 04.

I'm annoyed by lists titled "Top Ten" of something. But when you read it, it's got only 4 items.

Lucky said...

Visiting your blog from the F Minus crowd. Pet peeve...when someone is correcting a grammatical error, then makes one themselves. Such as complaining about irregardless not being a word, then using a sentence to show the correct usage and uses weather (the atmospheric condition) instead of whether. Awesome. Anyway, I like your style and will be reading some more. Maybe even subscribing. Maybe even sending you money to publish you blog in a magazine as an article. Maybe even signing you for a tv deal, then movie deal. Or maybe just reading. Keep up the good work, looking forward to next post.

Lindsay said...

Oh Mick you're such an oaf {sniff}

luke simmons said...

my pet peeve is when people write a top ten list and then only give four things.