Friday, May 1, 2009

Mikesican of Mexizona


I am tired of all this Mexican racism going on in our fair state. When did it become okay to bad mouth my brethren!? Okay, I know what you are thinking... I look white. Which is why a lot of people think it is okay to bad mouth my people when I'm around. Unfortunately, my anglo mother cursed me with this blasted white skin, no one asked me about it! You can take a look at my brother above, hes my proof. Now, as much as I curse my skin, being half white half Mexican really opens up the amount of jokes I can tell, which is fantastic.

What is all this hatred of my people though? People actually seem to be offended by Mexican pride! Now, I understand, my ancestors didn't come to this country because they thought it would be fun to leave the lights and pizazz of Mexico to come slum it in America. They came here because America is great! That being said, who is it hurting that I am proud of where I came from? You know what the only difference is between Mexicans and Americans? When a Mexican is having trouble providing for his family, he risks his life to sneak in to another country and send money home. Little respect? Or maybe they should adopt the American method of running out on your family, making a cardboard sign that says "down on my luck, need handout" and standing on the side of the freeway waiting for a freebie! And yet people complain about my people standing on the side of the road looking for WORK. But if there is one thing America is great at is band wagon racism. Slavery, Japanese after WW2, Muslims after 9/11, and now Mexicans. Who is going to be next? My best friend Sam is a Bask. I fear for his future... sigh...
Viva Mexico!








So its official. From now on, I would like to be referred to as Mikesican the Middle Child.

3 comments:

Mjmoon said...

Yay! Mexican pride!

Lindsay said...

I can't help it! I just get so mad when I see a group of hardworking, white Americans standing on the street hoping to get picked up for some landscaping work, and these racists drive right past me to pick up the Mexicans!

Where is the American loyalty?

Anonymous said...

Way to dole out some wisdom to the common man, Mikesican! Without you, I might accidentally be hating my own people!!


Sam "the Basque"